As fulfillment of my pre-season prediction, I have already heard from one UT fan on staff here at the church that, "Fulmer needs to go." So far, his season isn't near as abyssmal as Tuberville over at Auburn.
Who will be the first to go and when? For me, these guys just can't compete any longer in a conference led by Urban Meyer, Richt, Saban, Spurrier, and the like. Sure they can go coach at Troy or Louisiana Monroe and win, but they don't have the goods any longer.
4 comments:
On the Fulmer front......I think he may have been on the down slope for the last few years...still, I find it crazy that fans would be so ready to get rid of the guy that took you to the next level, made you one of the "Big Boys" in the SEC and won a national title...with that said, The Great Pumpkin has seen better days and it might be time for a change of scenery for both parties.
As far as Auburn goes....I can't figure their fans out..You're telling me that a guy that was 13-0 less than 5 years ago and has had some pretty good seasons since then and taken 5 in a row from your biggest rival has all of a sudden forgotten how to coach?!?!?! Are you kidding me???
I know we have a few PlainTigerEagles on this forum and I would like to hear what they have to say....but I can only go on what I hear on the radio here in B'ham and it's crazy....never heard a fan base more insecure in who they are in my life....If they run Tubbs out of town...who would want that job??
"Our last coach had the best record in the SEC for the last 5 years...and we got rid of him"
Seriously?!?!
In fairness to the Auburn faithful, I must say that Lloyd Carr at Michigan and Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame may be in a worse spot. I could see at least one of these 2 pathetic teams go after Tuberville or Fulmer.
Of the 4, Weiss is hurting the most. His starting QB from game 1 has already transferred to Northern Illinois. It would be interesting to have The Great Pumpkin coaching a second Clausen at QB.
Neither...you will see them back next year. If you fire them, who are they replaced by?
Carr is gone, Weiss is safe, because of money and time, and Tuberville is very safe. Auburn lost a ton last year, and they don't have a great back, but they'll get a lot better, probably this season and the running game will be back.
Fulmer is intriguing because he won a national title. I think 6-6 buys him another year, anything less, he's done. And Cutcliffe is the popular choice up there.
Post a Comment