Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another Horse In the Stable

Heard County's Dontavius Jackson committed to UGA this morning. I believe that Moreno, King, and Jackson will make Thomas, Ware, and Lumpkin look like pony league.

From the AJC: "As a junior, the AJC Super 11 pick rushed for 2,462 yards and 29 touchdowns on 247 carries (9.97 yards per carry). He bench-presses 315 pounds, squats 485 and power cleans 335. He's been clocked in the 40-yard dash in 4.44 seconds."

I know it's early, but what postion(s) must be addressed by recruiting, and are there any must have recruits out there for UGA?

2 comments:

CT said...

I would love to see a few more OL and DL guys as well as a few more Athlete/WR's......we'll need some LB's before too long as well I think...for nothing more than depth.

Toom said...

Excellent post.

O - stacked, obviously, and this class features AJ Greene and some guys who can go both ways, depending on fit and need.

D - stacked at DT, where most teams struggle. DE is looking better. Can never have enough DBs and this is the year to get them in the program.

I'd say our biggest needs are DBs, LBs. BUT, if we learned anything at all from this year's woes, we have to recruit where it matters most, meaning a handful of linemen per YEAR. Here's where our coaching and evaluation comes in bc you need to be able to take a body and get him ready to play (provided he's not a 4-5 star guy) so by his junior year, he's ready to step into a leadership role. Pipeline is where its at, and if you don't have an OL pipeline, you will struggle.