Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"We're Number One! Er, Two"

Yep it took one week for the Dawgs to get dethroned. USC is top of the Coaches Poll. I had predicted this would happen, only I thought it would be after the Ohio State game.

1. USC (23) 1-0 1,462
2. Georgia (20) 1-0 1,442
3. Ohio State (10) 1-0 1,385
4. Oklahoma (2) 1-0 1,344

I could do a whole thing on last week being a microcosm of what is wrong with the system but I won't.

4 comments:

CT said...

I'm good with this.....use it as good motivation for our kids......I want them to play pissed off.

Toom said...

true, that can't be good for CMU.

hodge said...

No problem with #2...Let's be honest, ranking is meaningless until you lose a game.

jeebs said...

Predictable. Doesn't bother me either at this point but what will irritate me is when (not if) we continue to win but they slip OSU up to 2nd.

What's changed: Jeff Owens is hurt. That's it. Is that what this is about? No, can't be.

QB - solid, career highs in just 3 quarters of play.
RBs - Moreno - 3 TDs. King (3rd string) had 12 carries for 95 yards.
OL - young but solid play
WR - quick, sure-handed, deep, and found the end zone.
K - hit a 52 yarder with 15 to spare.
Defense - not stellar, but played a lot of guys.
Coaching - best around.

We will see #1 again.